Our "For Sale" Page - You can advertise your Hampton Safari on these pages free of any charges. Agencies and Brokerages typically charge between 5-10% of the selling price. Many prospective owners check out these pages when searching for a Safari, and by placing an advertisement with the club BEFORE engaging other advertising channels such as Agencies or Brokerages you may save many ££££'s in fees and charges by concluding a direct sale. However, once you have engaged an Agent or Broker you will be liable to pay their fees, regardless of which channel led to the Seller-Buyer contact and subsequent completed sale.
Please keep us informed of any price or other material changes that may occur. In return for your free advertsing, please remember to notify us when your "pride & joy" is snapped up and changes hands so that we can properly manage the advert and update our records. If you are an existing Hampton Safari Boat Club member please point the new owner in our direction. "Club" membership is completely free and if you are a new owner we do hope you will join and support us (see our membership pages).
Disclaimer: This website provides a simple facility which allows members to advertise their boats for sale free of charge. We take no active part or role in transactions between buyers and sellers. The advertising content is provided by the seller who is responsible for ensuring the truth, accuracy and integrity of their respective advertisement and any claims made regarding the item offered for sale. As a result, the club accepts no liability or responsibility for the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items, or the ability of buyers to buy items. Please do not assume that the offer, sale, or purchase of any item listed is valid and legal simply because it is listed on our website. We are also not responsible for ensuring that buyers and sellers actually complete a transaction. As a Seller, or Buyer, you accept sole responsibility for the legality of your actions under laws applying to you. Caveat Emptor/Caveat Venditor.
Hampton Safari Mk2 - "Sunrise"
New Advert - Sept 2022 SOLD Oct 2022
(Original asking price Offers over £5,500.00)
HAMPTON SAFARI MK2 "Sunrise"
A Safari Mk2 offered as a restoration or project boat. The boat has an original style fit out with many features still intact. It has an unusual 2 cylinder BUKH DV 20 ME Diesel engine installed in lieu of the more usual
4 cylinder BMC/Perkins engines.
The boat was purchased in the 1980's by a member of Lincoln Boat Club and since 1991 has been owned by a father, followed by his son, until the present day. The boat has declined a little in recent years due to a long period of ill health and subsequent decease of the owner. Some key points and features include:
- New boat safety certificate valid until August 2026
- Original period fit out and styling (bathroom sink, cupboards, panelling, pull out table etc)
- Vanessa 2 ring, grill and oven.
- Fridge running on gas and/or 12 volt DC.
- Gas catalytic heater and warm air heating by calorifier.
- BUKH DV 20 ME 2 cylinder diesel engine
New Advert - Sept 2022 Sold Oct 2022
(Advertised asking price 15,500)
HAMPTON SAFARI "Maytime Safari" - a relatively rare Safari Mk1D (distinguished by single long side windows and round portholes in the aft quarters)
- BMC Diesel 1.5 engine serviced early 2022, only 9 hrs use since.
- Instrumentation includes: 2 voltmeters,rRev Counter,Engine Temp and oil pressure gauges. A Garmin sat nav provides accurate mph.
- 3 x 12 v batteries, with CTEK MXS7, 12v, 7 amp multistage charger connected to the battery bank. Shore power connection feeding 6x240v and 2 usb sockets. Brand new rear door canopy cover.
- 20W roof mounted solar panel with charge controller connected to starter battery as backup charger when stationary. Interior lights nearly all replaced with new LED lighting.
- Washroom containing shower, basin and an autoflush pressurised pump toilet. Usual fresh water and toilet holding tanks.
- Galley has H&C and a Water Filter fitted to extra tap, gas hob plus grill and oven all in excellent condition. Mains powered microwave oven and refrigerator with invertor wiring.
- Mikuni diesel warm air heater (this is the larger, higher, heat output version) with vents in front and rear cabins.
- Front cabin has had replacement upholstery and is arranged as dinette with folding table seating 4, and converting to a double bed.
- Rear cabin has the usual double bed with ample cupboards/storage.
- This Safari is in generally good condition internally, albeit the exterior is in need of some TLC and possibly some repainting.
Hampton Safari Mk1 - "Maytime Safari"
Hampton Safari Mk3 - "Sunny"
New Advert - Sept 2022 SOLD Sept 2022
(Advertised asking price £22,500)
HAMPTON SAFARI MK3 (1983) "Sunny"
A nice clean example of a Mk 3, with a front door leading to a forward seating space, and a sliding roof above the main cockpit area. The boat floor is on one level, and sleeps 3/4 with double bed aft, and forward single that can be converted to a small double.
Fully refurbished in 2016 and has had several updates since then.
- In 2022, new aluminium and rubber lower rubbing strake has been fitted, with corner fenders incorporated.
- A (mudweight) power winch has been installed recently
- The BMC 1.5 diesel engine has had a full overhaul and service, and has run only a few hours since.
- Conventional Bathroom/Toilet with shower. New toilet tank fitted and calor gas heating system is installed
- Fully equipped galley area with fridge/freezer, 2 burner hob, oven and grill. Twin gas cylinders in rear storage locker.
- Shore power plug and cable supplied. Two low power thermostat-controlled heaters are also included for winterising.
- Fitted fore and aft cockpit covers, Navigation lights.
- Ample storage space. Fully equipped & ready to go complete with crockery, cutlery, glasses, pots and pans, and sundry items (incl corkscrew, gas lighter, knives and containers) also included.
New Advert August 2022 SOLD Sept 2022
Advertised asking price £18500.00
HAMPTON SAFARI MK2 "White Otter"
In great condition and with many original Hampton styling features
including large original style bathroom sink, front cabin pull out table and low pullout double bed and wooden fit out.
- Also advertised on Apollo Duck (ref: 702877)
- 4 berth configured as double beds in forward and rear cabins.
- 1.5 BMC diesel engine serviced in July 2021
- New front engine mounting fitted 2022.
- New batteries and cables, New isolator.
- New wiper motor and arm.
- 12v onboard/240v shore power, Solar panel and charger.
- New fenders and ropes and much more...
- Currently moored on the river Avon - easily transported to the Broads or other systems if needed.
Hampton Safari Mk2 - "White Otter"
Hampton Safari Mk1 - "Aquamora"
New Advert June 2022 Sold August 2022
(Advertised asking price £13,750 o.n.o)
HAMPTON SAFARI MK 1 "AQUAMORA" (sold locally)
- BSS Certification renewed to June 2026
- BMC 1500 Diesel Professionally serviced, in excellent running order.
- Calorifier providing hot water. New cooker 2022, Fridge.
- New batteries 2022, 1 starter and 2 service. Solar panel. Shore power.
- 75 gallon fresh water tank. 45 gallon fuel tank.
- 4 berths comprising double in aft cabin and double in front cabin converting from daytime seating area. All cushions in perfect condition. New carpeting.
- Spacious shower and lavatory area with wash basin ,shower and portable Thetford chemical toilet.
- Sliding roof operates smoothly. Front and Rear Pulpit Rails
- Very sound example of this classic cruiser renowned for their build quality.
New Advert May 2022 Sold July 2022
(Advertised asking price £18,500.00 o.n.o)
Kisiwani II Hampton Safari Mk2
A Safari with an interesting history and provenance in original gel coat. (See https://hamptonsafaribc.org/kisiwani-ii.html)
- Only 3 owners from new, and has never been a hire boat.
- Boat Safety Certificate renewed October 2021
- Hull (original gel coat) polished 2021
- New boiler, New cooker gas installation completed in 2020, onboard central heating fore and aft with thermostat
- Bathroom with excellent shower. Original sink. Cassette toilet. Large freshwater tank. External rear gas locker holds 3 tanks.
- 4 berths - double in bedroom and original double dinette conversion in front cabin. All cushions in good condition. New curtains in 2020.
- Canopy slides easily - renovated in 2020. The cabin and layout are in generally good condition with many original features retained.
- Thorneycroft marine engine 50 bhp, annually professionally serviced. Winterised and taken out annually. Hull surveyed and antifouled in 2021. Comes with stands for over wintering out of water.
Hampton Safari Mk2 - "Kisiwani II"
NEW ADVERT April 2022 SOLD MAY 2022
(Advertised asking price £16,500.00 o.n.o)
HAMPTON SAFARI MK3 "Rosie"
- Built 1977
- 1.5 BMC diesel
- Solar battery charger
- 3 recent new batteries (2021) starting and domestic
- Shore Power
- Forward cockpit with sliding roof over helm area, external seating area in bow
- Galley includes cooker, grill and 2 burner hot plate, 12v fridge.
- Heads/shower with pump out tank.
- New BSS, April 2022 and Broads Toll.
NEW ADVERT April 2022 SOLD April 2022
(Advertised asking price £18,000.00)
HAMPTON SAFARI MK3 "Sparcol"
- Built Hampton Boats, Oulton Broad 1979
- Recently lifted/anti-fouled, March 2022
- BMC 1.5diesel engine, starts easily
- 4 recent batteries, 2 x starting batteries 12 volt, 2 x domestic batteries 12 volt, plus solar panel charging
- Forward cockpit walkthrough design with sliding sun hatch over helm area
- 4 berths, double in rear cabin, dinette double in saloon area
- Galley area includes fridge, cooker/hob with plenty of storage
- Heads /shower compartment with portable toilet
- Clean condition ready to go
- Current BSS, Toll paid for current year
- Pleasant, convenient mooring at Horning with parking, available subject to landlords consent. Paid until July 2022
First Advertised Aug 2021 Sold Sept 2021
(Advertised asking price £10,995.00)
HAMPTON SAFARI MK3 RENOVATION PROJECT.
- An ideal autumn/winter project. These boats sell for more than £20,000 when fully renovated.
- Original gel coat above decks and a reasonable paint finish on the hull. The boat has been stripped out ready for renovation so no upholstery, curtains, carpet or bedding currently installed.
- The current layout is typical for a Mk3 with a double berth at the rear and a single in the lounge which can also be made into a double.
- Separate toilet/shower/washroom. Galley area opposite for cooker, sink and fridge. The boat is fitted with a Paloma instant gas hot water system and has a 240 volts hook up.
- BMC 1-5 ENGINE with hydraulic drive located at the stern. Around £1,000 has been spent on the engine including a new starter motor, fuel injection pump, piping, filters, head gasket and is ready to go.
First Advertised May 2021 Sold June 2021
(Advertised asking price £14,950.00)
Hampton Safari Mk3 - "New Freedom"
- Built on the Norfolk Broads, the popular Hampton Safari Mk3 has an accessible forward well with outdoor seating and easy access to ropes when mooring as well as a sliding "sun roof" allowing best of both worlds for summer and off season cruising.
- New Freedom is currently based on the river Thames at Abingdon.
- 1.8L BMC diesel engine - last serviced March 2020, starts easily
- New fuel tank
- New electric flush toilet and large stainless steel holding tank
- Galley area includes fridge and cooker/hob with plenty of storage.
- 3 x 110Ah batteries (new)
- Accessories include engine bay heaters, CO Alarm, reversing camera, stern mounted safety ladder, radio, and remote control spotlight.
- Current BSS Certificate valid until August 2021, but new BSS certification will be included in agreed sale price.
Hampton Safari Mk2 - "Tabitha Too"
New Ad - March '21 - Sale Withdrawn April '21
Hampton Safari Mk3 “Tabitha Too”
- 3 owners from new, never a hire boat
- Hull – White GRP, Superstructure – Grey/White GRP
- Roof and side repainted in 2018 in Hemel Polar White. Cabin sides in Hemel Smoke Grey, all using marine gloss paint.
- 3 x side and rear rubbing strakes are original hardwood profiles bolted to the fibreglass hull with original metal strips on leading edges. Repainted yearly with Hammerite.
- Internally in very good condition. 4 berths have recently been re-upholstered
- New gas works including a new cooker and Water heater
- Propex Heatsource 2000 central heating system. Gobius monitor gauge.
- Electric fridge
- Bathroom with sink and shower. Toilet SeaLand Traveler 511
- BSS expiry 02 June 2022
- 100 Watt Solar panel and inverter
- New sliding roof and forward screen – invoice info available
- Perkins 4.108 inboard diesel – in excellent condition.
1st Avertised Feb 2021 SOLD MARCH 2021
Hampton Safari Mk3 - Project Boat - “Bright Angel ”
An opportunity to acquire a Mk3 Safari which is a part completed project boat needing some further renovation.
- Exterior window cabin sides are original gelcoat (not painted) .
- Decks , forward well and rear decks are original gel coat ( not painted)
- Cabin exterior roof sanded down and re painted.
- Hull white sides are not damaged or gouged but could do with a paint.
- interior linings stripped , new carpet lining supplied in price
- Bedroom , galley and forward saloon woodwork stripped and custom made units fitted, mainly need doors and shelf units .
- New curtain material supplied/included.
- Cooker , fridge and heating required.
- BMC 1-5 diesel engine just serviced and ready to go .
The boat clearly needs some further time and money spending on it but at £10,750 it does not need too much spending on it to make a lovely boat. These boats can sell for over £20,000 when in newly renovated condition.
Hampton Safari Mk3 - Project Boat - "Bright Angel"
Hampton Safari Mark 2 - "Kantara III"
1st Advertised Sept 2020 SOLD OCT 2020
(Advertised Asking Price - £24,500.00 o.n.o)
Rare Hampton Safari Mk2 (hydraulic drive) “Kantara 3”
- An opportunity to acquire a rare "one-off" design/fit out built by “Cheeseman Rollo & Co” on the Thames in 1982 with Hydraulic Drive (oil cooled) propulsion (usually only fitted to the MK1J variant) via an economical Nanni twin cylinder diesel engine fitted under the afterdeck with gas lockers retained in custom rear cabin extension.
- Galley with a full size 4 burner oven, full size 3-way fridge and full-size kitchen sink. Hot water calorifier with 240V element and Warm air heating.
- Topsides professionally painted in 2-pack and all windows refurbished in 2016, leaving original hull gel coat intact. UPVC door to aft well. New linings throughout. Centre roof bar for easier sliding canopy operation.
- New electric fuse board, 240v shore power, new batteries, new Sterling pro charger, new 1000W inverter with 3-way switch running through existing plugs and LED lighting throughout.
- Too many extras/features to list here - please check out the full list of unique/extra features and detailed description in .pdf brochure
1st Advertised - Aug 2020, Sold - Sept 2020
(Advertised Asking Price £16950.00 o.n.o)
Hampton Safari Mk2 ‘Swallow’, built approx 1983
- Standard Hampton Safari air draft (1.98m) allowing access to whole Norfolk Broads area
- Sleeps up to 4 persons
- Electric fridge
- Gas hob with oven and grill
- Central heating
- Solar panel and shore power
- Bathroom with electric toilet and sink unit with separate shower cubicle.
- BMC 1.5 Diesel engine serviced and antifouled in 2019
- Tolls paid until April 2021
- BSS Certificate valid until February 2022
- The boat is also fitted with removable Davits
- Currently moored at Stalham, Norfolk
- Viewings by arrangement
Hampton Safari Mark 2 - "Swallow"
Hampton Safari Mk2 - "Kisiwani II"
1st Advertised - July 2020, SOLD - July 2020
(Advertised Asking Price £14,500.00)
Kisiwani II Hampton Safari Mk2
A Safari with an interesting history and provenance in original gel coat.
- 3 owners from new, never a hire boat.
- Extensive internal woodwork replacement by Oxford Cruisers 2019 (£3000)
- New gas works inclkuding new cooker,
- Water heater, Central heating.
- Large bathroom excellent shower.
- Thorneycroft marine engine 50 bhp
- 4 berth in generally good condition with many original features.
- Currently located on Thames at Newbridge
- Secure private mooring optional, @ Newbridge Adjacent Maybush Pub, on the oldest bridge on River Thames.. very scenic
- Viewing by appointment/arrangement with owner
1st Advertised - June 2020, SOLD - July 2020
(Advertised Asking Price £17950.00)
4 Berth cruiser in good condition, several original layout features retained including side storage, original GRP dash area. The aft cabin includes an extra rear window (a feature shared with some but not all Mk1/2 Safari's)
- BMC diesel engine
- Removable transom gate for easy access on stern moorings
- Shore power connector.
- Electric flush toilet
- Electric fridge - works from leisure batteries
- 1 x Starter battery +2 x Leisure batteries + (DC to 240v AC) Inverter
- All ropes, mudweight and fenders, 2 x rond anchors included
- Front and rear covers in good condition
- Tolls paid until April 2021. BSS certificate valid until 26/03/22
- Ready to go with full tank of diesel.....
Hampton Safari Mk2 - "Mary Joy"